A donation of just a few dollars would make a difference in this race as we reach out to voters across the state. If you’re with us, help us with a donation.
Ranked Choice Voting:
This rank choice voting thing is a scam and should be repealed immediately. It should never see the light of day. It is probably illegal and it is definitely a confusing mess. I have no doubt that when it is used in the primaries it will end up being challenged in court.
Every time my 84 year old mother asks me about it she gets angrier. My mother has never had a difficult time filling out a ballot. This foolish process may discourage voters from even voting because of all of this confusion.
Here is a link to a video that my friend, Rep. Sirocki recently did on rank choice voting that really shows how ridiculous this law is and worse that it will result in ballots being thrown out-like someone never even voted. How is that helping to achieve support from a majority of voters?”
Maine’s Constitutional Officers running for office while taking a state salary:
Janet Mills has used her position as Attorney General over the last 6 years as a bully pulpit to slow down the good work that Governor Paul LePage and I have been doing to reform welfare and prioritize services for Maine’s most vulnerable citizens. Now she continues to take a state salary while she campaigns for Governor.
I find this disrespectful to Maine taxpayers and I’d like to hear your thoughts. Please vote in this poll and comment below if you think Maine’s constitutional officers should have to resign from office to run for Governor.
President Trump’s Executive Order on Welfare Reform:
Gov. LePage and I have made Maine a leader in reducing poverty and promoting economic opportunity. Our work caught the attention of President Trump’s team, and I have been working with them for the last year to craft their policies. Very proud that our work has become the model the White House is using for the entire country. Thank you, Donald J. Trump, for your action on this issue.
Due to an overwhelming amount of supporters asking, we wanted to let you know that our campaign signs have come in!
We are not charging anyone for signs, but we are asking that you fill out a few postcards to send to your friends letting them know why you support Mary Mayhew. If you’d like a sign, click the link here to fill out the form and we will deliver one to you this week!
- Saint Joseph’s College Political Science Club GOP Gubernatorial Primary Forum, Wednesday, April 25, 7-9 PM, Alfond Hall, 278 White’s Bridge Rd, Standish. Supporters are welcome to attend. If you cannot make it, you can stream the debate here: GOP Gubernatorial Primary Forum.
- Here is a campus map in case you have trouble finding Alfond Hall:
- Freeport Meet and Greet Fundraiser, Friday, April 27, 6-8 PM, Bucks Naked BBQ, 568 US Route 1, Freeport.
- Rep. Paul Chace Re-Election Kick-Off and Pig Roast, Saturday, April 28, 1-4 PM, Will Allen Farm, 284 Allen Road, Pownal.
- Maine GOP State Convention, May 4-5, Augusta Civic Center.
- Harrison: 42 Maine Street, Harrison, Tuesday, April 24, 6:30-8:30 PM.
- Morrill: Morrill Community Center, Wednesday, April 25, 6:00-8:00 PM.
- Wells: 208 Sanford Rd, Wells, Friday, April 27, 6:00-8:00 PM